G4ILO APRS Status
I am active on APRS, the Automatic Packet Reporting System and operate internet gateways (IGates) on 2m (144.800MHz) and 30m (10.147MHz).
I use a number of different APRS SSIDs. These are the G4ILO calls you may see on the air:
- G4ILO-2 is my 2m VHF IGate on 144.800MHz. It uses a Kenwood TM-D710 transceiver with APRSISCE software running on a HTC Touch Pro Windows Mobile phone. It operates 24/7 mostly in receive-only mode.
- G4ILO-10 is my 10MHz (30m) IGate. It uses my Elecraft K2/10 with an SCS Tracker/DSP TNC in Robust Packet mode. The antenna is an MFJ magnetic loop. This IGate operates during daylight hours when I am at home, and is a participating station in the Robust Packet Radio network. You can send messages to me here.
- G4ILO is my shack PC running APRSIS32. It operates whenever I am in the shack. This is the best address to use for sending APRS messages to me.
- G4ILO-5 is the ID used by my weather station. This is a Fox Delta WX1 PIC16F877 APRS Weather Station which was built from a kit. The transceiver output from this is connected to a Radiometrix TX1 VHF transmitter module on 144.800MHz with 10mW output into a "stubby" antenna which transmits the weather data at 10 minute intervals to my VHF IGate.
- G4ILO-7 is used when I am out and about on foot with my Kenwood TH-D72.